Register for Start & Stop 5k
Have Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start & Stop 5k
Beneficiary: Black Girls Code
The Dashing Whippets Running Team welcomes everyone to a never-been-done 5k: in this 5k race, you can pause and un-pause your GPS watch as many times as you want within a two-hour window. To give you more flexibility, you can submit your race any time between Monday, Sept 28 and Sunday, Oct 3rd. Check out the FAQs for more detail. We’ll have two categories: a Start/Stop category and a regular 5k category. Choose the one that works best for you! So set a “personal best” time. Or use it as a workout. Or just have fun with it! Regardless of your goals, we hope this race will motivate, connect, and share joy across the team during these uncertain times. Anyone who sets a lifetime personal best 5k time will be awarded a pair of sunglasses. In addition to PR’s, top 3 by age group & by sex, as well as top 20 by AG% will get sunglasses! Additional prizes from Brooklyn Running Co. will be awarded to anyone who can break the current 5k world record!
How it Works
- Log in or set up a VDOT O2 account
- Save your race result with GPS data synced to your calendar on October 3
- Race courses with a negative net elevation loss > 1% will be disqualified
- Official race results are published on the following day
- Always adhere to VDOT O2's Rules & Guidelines and virtual race best practices.